Monday, October 6, 2008

Still Stills !


And while sharing memories with you all, let me pass on a more recent one, which may jog a few more ancient ones... last night went in to see Stephen Stills play in the Olympia Theatre in Paris... he was GREAT ! Songlist included Helplessly Hoping, Tree-top Flier, A Girl From the North Country, 4 + 20, Blind Beggar, Find the Cost of Freedom, Suite Judy Blue Eyes, among others, and ended with a rousing Love the One You're With. I hope to have half his energy if I make it to his age ! Took this shot with a small compact camera, and converted to black & white as the original wasn't quite in focus... it was tough to hold still while getting jostled at stage-side. Are we children of our times, or what?

1 comment:

ASIZZLE said...

Our minds must work the same...the icons (imho) you chose to photograph are like snippetts from my mind too...the scoreboard, the vent (won't go ("all") there under this venue...but I do remember it well...well,... kinda well....and the concerts @ the college...I remeber the Bruce concert very well...I was crouched down by one of the speakers near their stage and actually moved a speaker wire so Bruce did not trip and he gave me a nod...like..."thanks kid, that coulda been ugly"....the moss laiden steps could be trecherous at times by themselves. What else u got...?
All the best,
p.s. I just figured out that these "comments" will be visible to all...not that that's the end of the world...but u got an email address?