Monday, October 6, 2008

Cool Pix

Thank you Cathy Foley, for being persistant with me to post here. For some reason I had trouble getting signed on...I may have had an old gmail account that hung things up...anyway....

Great old basketball team shot there Owen and or Chris! Who's the midget on the far left that got cut off some? The "manager"...what a crock. Thanks though, I don't think I could have taken the whole likeness this close to lunch-time. Can't think of too many strange or funny hapenstances from that year....other than Mr (coach) Hample's white shoes....the ones with the white polish running all down the soles and heels....seems like before every game he'd squeeze on more white shoe polish from one of those squeeze bottles with the foam applicator and let's just say quality was not a priority....quantity must have been, but quality....not even close. That was funny, well to me it was anyway. I guess I noticed due to my close proximity to them... being vertically challenged and all.
Remember we had a basketball marathon one year in the high school gym?
Thanks Phil for the nice words to all the organizing folks here....I echo them, but don't think I could have said it better....I have got some sportfishing fiends in Kona...u ever go out of Honokohau Marina ? Mahalo my friend! Having Aki or Aku for Thanksgiving I'd guess?

Hey Owen, do they have slugs in France...it was France qui? May have to ask Monsieur Thibbault...(pronounced T-bo wasn't it)...U may know my next question then!?
Sure is a pretty island shot u posted! How's the fishing there?

Thanks again to all the organizers! I hope to be able to make it.
All the best,
allen s.

4 comments:

Owen said...

Hey Mr Sizzle ! Great to see that there is life out there... so you're still fishing up a storm from the sound of it??? Where are you at??? Guadeloupe still has some fish around it, saw plenty of people heading out in small boats. Sure, there are slugs in France, and snails too... we eat the snails, but not the slugs... nothing like snails in a good thick butter & garlic sauce ! Now, help me with my precocious Alzheimer's memory problem... who is or was T-bo ??? Take care... Owen

ASIZZLE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ASIZZLE said...

Hey Owen!!! T-bo was the infamous character refered to 50-60 times per french class..."Monsiuer Thibault this... Mr.T that and so on...if u took french in 5 & 6th grade it would have been ground into your subconsious and consious mind I think...or it was mine.
Remember blowing-up slugs with firecrackes on your sidewalk....remember Ed Diamond...were u playing football at the time when...some big guy...can't pull his name outa the part-timers archive just yet...but he hung him up on the fence on the field by the Swarthmore Pool by his underware (true wedgy).. ...Ed showed up everyday (at least for the first 2-3 practices anyhow) with a pressed, clean as new, uniform and all the latest padding and footwear etc....I think they moved not too long after he was dangeling on the fence that day kicking and screaming....the coach pulled up after about 10-15 minutes of the display and was not as impressed as most of us were, if memory serves. Yea I still fish...I've been a sportfishing captain/mate since 1979 and have traveled around marlin fishing for the majority of that time in the bahamas, Florida, St.Thomas, puerto rico and venezuala to name a few...none look as pretty (close though) as what you posted! I have written for Sportfishing magazine some and have been landlocked since 2000. So writing and throwing the occasional glass of salt water in my face suffices any urges and longings....not. I also did some commercial longline fishing (like Perfect Storm...knew the boat...not the capt or crew) and that left a bad taste in my mouth but was an interesting slice to say the least. That style of fishing is hurting the oceans too much IMHO.
So, you speak the lingo bon? That may be the extent of what I retained...I should have taken Spanish...what was I thinkin'?

Garlic and Butter...I think I could eat slugs with that combo...no, saving that for next years Survivor Show: Guadeloupe...how ironic huh!?!

I ranted on for far too long...gotta go.
All the best,
send me an email sometime...it should be available here somehow.
Allen

(just kiddin'...)

Cindy P. said...

I still have almost the entire script of "Le Bonhomme de Neige" and the one where "Alice met le sel dans le boule* de Michel" burned into my brain.

*That is the word I remember but with the French I learned later it doesn't seem right. This is what comes of learning a language entirely aurally like we did with those darn filmstrips. I would have done much better with being able to also see the printed word, which we started to do in 7th grade.